Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Are you ready to listen?

On a recent  search for "female crust music" all i could find was recipes for pie.

Further searching found a forum where female musicians were discussed for a few posts before completely digressing into who was hot and stories about "The one time I dated this crust chick."

Searching "female" in my favorite music blogs searching found phrases like this…
"They have a brilliant female vocalist in their ranks. Don't let that put you off as She can sing with the best of them." or "So good are the vocals I didn't realize she was female when I first heard their outstanding new album".

Its been said that women have to work twice as hard to be (considered) half as good. I've come to expect that phrase to be true in dominant culture, but I refuse to give up on having a place in punk.


This blog features bands with a female or queer presence i think are the shit.

This blog was started to inspire and remind you  that women are here and making music that thrashes.

This blog was started so no one else has to sort through misogynistic bullshit to find music they like.

This blog was started because there shouldn't need to be a blog like this but we're not there yet.

This blog was started because ladies is punks too.

I hope that others are as encouraged and inspired as I am by women in the punk and metal scene.

If you have an awesome band you think would fit here send me a link to the music.
If any of the content of this blog offends please contact me immediately.
I will do my best to not mis-gender anyone and appreciate correction.
I would like to make space for all identities and am open to ideas about what that looks like.
I would like to be productively called out on my shit.
If you have a similar blog lets link each other.
Tell me if you know something i don't know.


Welcome to Twice as Hard. If you're ready to listen you've come to the right place.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I really like your blog I found out about a few days ago, I saw a lot of bands I already knew and love (Sacrilege, Fucking Dyke bitches and loads more) plus stuff I didn't know and also like. I live in france, and thought it would be cool to write to you, we could share stuff about bands we like or whatever, just cool to chat with a feminist-queer person who likes crust-sludge-doom and queercore, and all sorts of stuff ! I tried to write you an email but don't have a wordpress account...! I think you can contact me with this comment, otherwise do you have an email address I can write to directly?
    see ya

    ReplyDelete