Thursday, May 16, 2013

Shoppers


Shoppers was a band from Syracyuse that rightfully kind of blew the fuck up in 2010. I missed my chance to see them play but their recordings are plenty and incredible and i like them so much i even spent like way to much time just now watching videos on youtube of them playing live which is something i never do. Opps.  This band reminds me of manic-depression. The manic part is their music, It's noisy and riddled with feedback, its punk, it has a circulatory system that gets you pumping. You could almost call it poppy but really its just kind of speedy and frantic though there is some beautiful melodic riffing/moments of clarity you only get after speeding around in a fuzz. The depressive part of Shoppers is the lyrical content which covers bases uncommon to this style of music because its kind of sexually provocative and bold and jilted-loverish and worry-some. If I found these lyrics in my friends notebook I would be like, "dude you are fucking brilliant, but uhhh.. are you okay?" Anyways I am not worthy of reviewing shoppers. Everything they released was brilliant and most of it can be found here. (I'm in love with IV off of 'silver year' and I off of 'you shot me and i woke up in my next life') Let their music speak for itself but I'm just gonna say, if you don't like Shoppers you should probably make an appointment with your Veterinarian. Because you arn't human and there is something for-real wrong with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment